Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Finally...

Hello all my faithful friends...
I know I have been bad about keeping up with my blog. This whole transition thing has kept me pretty emotionally drained. I just haven't taken the time to write.

So to update you on the things. I went to Boise for Easter. It was so fun to play with my niece and spend some quality time with my sister. It also freaked me out a little. It was much more real and I kept swinging from the excitement of moving to feeling like I had really taken an unwise leap of faith... still don't exactly know where I am going to land. I did not job hunt. At this point I am not planning on getting a job until the fall. Not that I know what in the world I am going to do with the rest of my life... but that will have to be another blog.

I have been encouraged, however, by the support of my friends and family. Everyone is quite positive about the move over all... except for the tears that tend to leak out every once in awhile. I will miss my friends here and the fimiliar ruggedness of Alaska.

6 comments:

rubyslipperlady said...

I'm so excited for you, Carrie! Give me a ring anytime the fears overwhelm you. Hugs and cheers!

Friar Tuck said...

I got your message the day I was heading to the airport.

Did you have fun driving in the snowstorm?

Hope everything works out well for you.

Anonymous said...

Dearest Carrie,

I hope that you realize just how proud of you I am. I know that you are stepping out on a limb to move to Boise, but I firmly believe God is sending you to Boise and the more I think and pray about it the more convinced I am of that fact.

You have always been the great example of James 2:14-17, faith at work. I have known you all of your life and I hold you up as an example of this principle in action. Nothing would please me more than to have my daughter Kelli to grow up to be as strong in faith as you are.

Believe it or not, as I was riding the bus into work this morning I was thinking of you and was lead to 1 John 4:7-21, specifically verse 18.

You have nothing to fear Carrie. God is not sending you to Boise to punish you, but to take you further on your journey to spiritual maturity. Read again through Hebrews 11 about those who have gone before by faith. Read again through Romans 8:28-39, and remember that you are predestined, called, justified and glorified.

These are my prayers for you, look them up. (and I will get off my soap box, promise). T

he first is Moses' prayer in Exodus 33:13.

The second is Numbers 6:24-26

I love you Sister.

Shane

Anita said...

preach on brother...I agree wholeheartedly with Shane. God knows exactly what he has in mind for you, we just don't always know and see all the pieces. I've said this to you before and will say it again...all in all my heart is EXCITED for you to be moving on, moving out and taking this leap of faith! It's in those times and through those experiences that we grow the most in our FAITH. And, that my friend, is exactly what God wants...whole hearted, steadfast devotion. Always keep HIM first and foremost in your life and plans and HE will bless you EXCEEDINGLY, ABUNDANTLY beyond your wildest dreams!

Love you!

Anita

rubyslipperlady said...

How awesome to have a brother like that.

carrie said...

Thanks Brother,
You make me proud too... Thanks for believing in me and I promise to do the Bible study you put together with me in mind;-)

I know this is what God has for me... sometimes I just have to get past my self and rest in Him.

Love you!