Friday, September 07, 2007

Labor Day Weekend

Last weekend I ventured back to Wildhorse Canyon in Oregon for a Young Life leader weekend. This was a retreat for leaders, volunteers, and staff of the Idaho and Seattle regions.


The best part of the weekend was the surpise of having an unexpected friend there! I had a blast renewing a frienship with Leslie. We met about 4 years ago as mutual friends of Joani Kroon Curtis. Leslie is a Young Life leader in Seattle. I hung out in the afternoons with her and her fellow leaders from Seattle. We had a lot of fun taking advantage of the zip lines, climbing walls, giant swing (in which they wench 3 people up on a giant swing about 50 feet in the air and you pull a rip cord... quite an adrenaline rush) and pool. The weather was perfect! Sitting on the deck of of the Sassy (the Sasparilla is the snack bar) with your feet up and visiting with friends... it doesn't get much better than that. We also had some seminars and club meetings about ministry and all aspects of Young Life. It was really a very fun and relaxing weekend.

2 comments:

Sodak Girl said...

I've been wondering what you've been up to. Sounds like a great weekend--and I'm sure much deserved! Call when you have a minute...

Joani said...

Oh I'm so very jealous! I was so surprised to see that picture. I'm glad you two caught up. We're going to miss in you in Alaska in two weeks!