Friday, December 18, 2009

Snow, Snow and MORE Snow

When compared to Valdez, who was smothered with more than 6 FEET of snow this week, the nearly 2 feet we received, was minor. But still, I had to shovel snow 4 out of 5 days this week. And I didn't shovel today because I am really hoping that I can just get plowed out and not have to do it by hand. I did shovel a path to the wood pile and to the front door. My car plowed the top 4 inches or so down the driveway. Maybe I will get a photo of my snow paths for you in my next post.

It is truly breath-taking to be out in the white-covered world, though. And I LOVE a good snow year. It makes for a beautiful world and is lots of fun to play in!




This is the view from my front door... check out the stack of snow on the deck rail!



This is the view out the living room window...with my very Alaskan Christmas tree.



And this is the back deck. You can see where I have been shoveling to get out to the wood pile. This was just before I went out to shovel AGAIN.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

AWESOME!!!! Love the pics, but really you should keep it shoveled more often, you know, after 2-3 inches build up.... :)

Misty

wally said...

Hi Carrie,
Enjoyed your snow pictures, especially the first one. Looks like you have great photo opportunities up there when it snows.:-) Keep em coming! Blessings, Wally Curtis

Joani said...

Oh, I miss the snow! Wish I was there with you, but not so much the plane ride, etc. BTW - because of my travel 'troubles' getting to Singapore I now have a $300 United coupon to use...just incase I have to go somewhere again (although with our luck I'll get sent to Indiana and I don't think there is much to see there!)

Unknown said...

no fair.

Sodak Girl said...

Fabulous photos! And even tho I really like todays almost-50 degree temps, I DO love a good snow. Especially this time of year. ~Miss you~

HereBeDragons said...

Beautiful. I wouldn't mind having a few days of snow. As long as I didn't have to drive anywhere...

Anonymous said...

love the pic's and miss you and how the home fires look. but we are looking to be in AZ and the warm desert. keep up the good work. love dad