Wednesday, May 24, 2006

the beginning of the end

Tonight was my last youth group. Not nearly as emotional as yesterday or Sunday, but it is sad. If you had told me 6 years ago when I was beginning this job that it would be this hard to leave, I don't think I would have believed you. But this job has been a large part of my identity here.

So this week has been the beginning of the end of a season of my life. A very rich, amazing season and I will mourn its passing. It is facinating to me to look back on the journey of my life and see the path that God has chosen for me. And to look forward and wonder where the next bend will take me. I have my moments of panic when I wonder what in the world I am doing by leaving all that I have here. But then I rest in that knowledge that God has the next season under control and I have only to be willing and available to what he places in my life.

Thus the beginning of the end has begun... with its emotions and turmoil. But I see the new beginning and I am excited about what it will bring.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Endings are very hard. Hang in there Sister.

Shane

rubyslipperlady said...

What an adventure! Love ya, my friend! You are in my prayers.

Friar Tuck said...

transitions are always stressful