Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Family...


I came across this adorable picture of my older brother and I the spring of 1976. Aren't we cute?! Two things were quite amusing to me about this picture. The first one is that my mom still has the afghan and curtains in the picture and could find them at a moments notice if needed. The second one is that my brother in the picture has two kids and sits them on his couch exactly the same way for pictures. Family...

Nothing much new in my life these days. I have been trying to purge my stuff and that is where I came across the picture. But I am mostly trying to do my normal everyday work and prepare to hand my job over to someone else. There have been a couple of people interested in my job, but no one hired yet. It is interesting to think about someone else doing my job because I am the only one who has ever done it. I made up a lot of what my job is and have it organized to my way of thinking. It will probably drive someone else nuts.

It helps to know that my neice Elizabeth is quite smitten with me and talks to her mom about me every day. It is fun to know that An-tairwy(Aunt Carrie) is still on her mind. We are going to have a lot of fun this summer.

5 comments:

rubyslipperlady said...

Love it! The photo, the stories, the organization. You are in for an amazing adventure and you can take some pictures galore in UT.

The new person will take the best of your job and make things his or her own, creating something all new and yet the same.

It's hard, but good, but hard. I know. I love ya friend and I'm praying for ya!

Anonymous said...

What a adorable picture! Thanks for bringing out and showing it off. To me it is where you can get the kids set before something else grabs their attention. You have to be a quick finger with two. Something you will find out this summer with all of Misty's brood. And just so you know Kelli asked about Aunt Carrie while we where in Alaska. And if she sees a picture of you!

We all love you lots

Anita said...

Great picture Carrie! You guys are pretty stinkin' adorable.

Anonymous said...

Hey Carrie, I just noticed your Flicker pictures. I'm a little slow. I really love them! You took some amazing shots in Japan! Wow! I also love the flower pictures and your little niece is too cute! You have a real talent. I wonder if you can use it for your future? Take care! Kim

Friar Tuck said...

i got a call for uncle bubba today!