Monday, March 10, 2008

Busy Weeks

Thanks for all the encouragement! I really am excited for the summer and all that is coming. It seems like it is coming so fast.

The last few weeks have been really busy. Saturday was the Young Life Banquet. It is our biggest fundraiser of the year. For weeks we have been preparing. There were some nervous moments a week before the banquet when our RSVP list was slim. But God is faithful and we had over 320 guests. It turned out to be a great night. The event was much easier for me this year. It was nice to know what to expect and how to do things better. I have also been working a lot more hours in preparation for a summer of study and no income.

But the best thing about this week is that my good friend Kim is coming! She will be here for a few days with her husband and daughter. I am anticipating a lot of fun, shopping and kid time. I am so honored that they are taking part of their vacation to spend it with us. I am going to have to take some photos to commemorate the fun.

2 comments:

rubyslipperlady said...

hooray! I'm a bit jeaLous and wish I could be there with you and the Kim Klan. CAn't wait tO see pictures!

Anita said...

Glad you made made it through your busy event. I've been thinking about you and your family lately and wondering how life is in Carrie's world.

My parents are here this week visiting for spring break so I got a little Lambing update. Prayin' for your dad especially right now.

I am SO super pumped you can come to the beach house in April!

Miss you friend!