Saturday, February 12, 2011

The Journey

One of my favorite things about my life is that I get to travel. Another wondeful thing is the amazing friends I have honor of knowing. This month I get to savor both of these wonderful things. For the next three weeks I will be traveling to the Philipines and Cambodia. Both are new countries for me and I am excited to learn a little more about them and their cultures. Then there are the fantastic people that I get to be with while there. Amazing people called to serve across the Pacific. But I will tell you more about them another day. Today it is about the journey.

21 hours of flight, 11 hours of layover, 4 flights, the international dateline, sleep in a kiddie playground, and many naps sitting in an airplane seat. It seemed as if we saw midnight at least 3 times. It was a long day. The flights were easy and nearly all on time. We left the dark cold arctic on a Wednesday night and walked off the plane near the equator engulfed by the warm moist air on a Friday night. International travel can be a whirlwind and as we often commented, quite surreal. I love it!

Watch my Facebook for photos... Unless I can figure out how to upload from my iPhone.

No comments: