Monday, July 06, 2009

A New-to-me Car

I put off buying a car. I have only owned 4 cars in my life and I don't like car shopping at all. I would rather do any number of disgusting jobs than go to a car lot and have to fend off the car salesmen. And I have known car salesmen in the past who are very nice people... I just hate that pressure feeling.

So I have been dragging my feet on buying a car in hopes that one would magically appear in the driveway for me... a big red bow with a gift tag would have been great. But it was time... I had a house sitting job starting and couldn't just juggle cars with Mom and Dad any more. One morning I remembered to check craigslist and one popped up that sounded good. I ran it by Dad and we went to go look at it. Now with the knowledge of my aversion to car salesmen I also have to admit that I was nervous about sleezy people selling shoddy cars on craigslist as well. I wanted to be completely confident in the seller if I wasn't going to turn and run. As the woman came out of the house when we pulled up, she looked at me and said, "You look familiar." I admitted that she, too, looked familiar. I drove the car and liked it very much. When I got back to the house we figured out that we went to the same church and had mutual friends, although we hadn't actually met. So... nice car. Check. Great seller. Check. No Pressure. Check.

And I now have this cute little suv. I love it when God takes care of the little things for us. It is almost like he put a car in my driveway with a big red bow and gift tag on it.

2 comments:

rubyslipperlady said...

I LOVE IT! That's the best car-buying story ever. Congrats! I'm still using whatever's avail. Off to MN again this week.

Jenia said...

Great looking car Carrie! Isn't wonderful when God takes care of the little things? Such a happy feeling!