Friday, August 04, 2006

It's almost like London

It is about 80 degrees with a slight breeze. I am sitting outside with my laptop on cobble stones, sipping earl gray tea with milk, listening to classical music. And I can close my eyes and imagine that it is London...

In reality I am sitting in a camp chair on a half finished patio, sipping earl gray tea out of a Christmas mug, and listening to classical music over the baby monitor. Almost the same as being in London with my friend Anita... right?!

4 comments:

rubyslipperlady said...

Just like being in London - without the fog.

Just like it. Really, I'm sure.

Unknown said...

I love it Carrie. I can picture you sitting there with the baby monitor...Just like London maybe with just a little fog. Sleepy fog. Hopefully the whirlwind has settled by now. Life is nuts here as you can completely imagine.

Anonymous said...

It's nice to enjoy the quiet time when you can get it.! Enjoy and treasure these moments they are very rare for a while longer.

Love the bunch in Lake Stevens

Anita said...

Sounds like a close second! I'll let you know when I get there...you'll be missed! Enjoy the tea my friend! I'm drinking my fair share here too!

J.D. Lady