Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Ready or not, here I come

So, in the craziness of the last month, I have really neglected my blog... my apologies to all my faithful blog-checking friends.

To sum up... I headed back to Alaska on July 11th. I had a few days before I packed up my camping gear and headed north with 18 freshmen. We split the group in half and I went with the first group rafting down the Gulkana river. We spent 3 long days rafting 42 miles from Paxson lake to Sourdough. It was a little cold, but the sun did come out the last day on the river. Then the whole group spent the day playing together. And I had a life-time first of water skiing... and I didn't even crash. It was a beautiful thing. Then the second group took off down the river and my group hung out at the lake for 3 days ...where I had another first... I learned to pull water skiiers.

It was a very good trip... hard, but good. I began leaking tears halfway through the 9 day trip. Each time my girls started singing I got choked up. I am so proud of them and I am really going to miss them. It was the last night of the trip when I was able to tell them who their leader would be next year... and she will do an awesome job... in some ways I think that they need her to help them through this stage of their lives.

When we returned the whirlwind began... I had a week to meet with my close friends and finish my purge-pack sessions. It was full. I have many ponderings from the last few weeks... but they will have to wait for another blog. As well as some pictures.

I arrived in Boise on Monday... and so begins the next season of my life. It is nice to know that God has me firmly in the palm of His hand and I don't have to worry about what will come next.
PS I will keep my cell phone for a while and you can email me at my hotmail account.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Carrie!

Glad you arrived safe & sound. You are an awesome Auntie for those kids :). Its so neat that they will go through these early years with Aunt Carrie close by. Take it all in. That next leader for your girls is cracking up with hillarious phone messages from the Sophomores who put on singing performance messages four times in one day. They say that new leader is "cheating" on them with the Seniors! Funny. Kiss those babies from the Howells!

rubyslipperlady said...

Wow. Look at you - you're growing. I love ya! Once I know what I'm doing (applied for 3 more this week) we'll have to get together. Hugs to ya, dear friend.

Anita said...

Can't wait to catch up more when I get back to AK. I'll be prayin' for ya as you settle in to a new way of life! God bless you friend!

J.D. Girl