Sunday, October 22, 2006

Travel Day

I set out on Wednesday morning from Missouri and continued my journey east. I choose to take highways instead of the interstate and was rewarded for my effort. The fall colors are coming out in full force and it was breath taking. I went through a corner of Mark Twain National Forest and I could just imagine Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn adventures under the canopy of colors…boys running across picture perfect fields and throwing rocking into the bubbling brooks…quite idyllic, all in all.

I am sure that I took the long way, but it was worth it. The best sign of the day goes to a very pretty little town that welcomed me to “Steelville, MO Floating Capital of the World” … I chuckled at the irony all day.

I continued east and crossed the Mississippi River and a couple of other big rivers. One bridge was so interesting I pulled my camera out while driving and started shooting without looking. The pictures turned out pretty good.

I arrived at my younger brother, Wade’s house just as the sun was going down. I got to meet my nephew, Ashton for the first time and love on my little niece Kyrstin. I will remember that night fondly as sister-in-law Annadeidra brought home a smoker and we all pitched in to put I together in the dark back yard… quite entertaining.

No comments: